RE: BMC Will Always Be BMC

Discussion in 'General' started by XARXU, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Linked

Linked Active Member

this whole thread just made me lose brain cells. Factions was always supposed to be competitive thus including the toxicity that comes with compitition.

2. SKRWildfire

SKRWildfire That one skyblock no-lifer

Nooo XD that they let the server die even more by not hiring staff

3. XARXU

XARXU Active Member

@Linked
    I'm sorry you have only played exclusively on toxic Factions servers. On the rest, there's such a thing as sportsmanship. Every time I hear one of you say "factions is always toxic", it makes me wish you had been on any of the 18 or so servers I was on where sportsmanship was a thing.

4. SKRWildfire

Yes and no sure there is some toxic in factions but bmc was still the worst ive seen.

5. XARXU

XARXU Active Member

I have been on Factions and OPFactions servers that had

• Safe Trade plugin(s) to prevent scamming.
    • PvP was disabled for a player 1-5 minutes after TPA (can't harm/be harmed)
    • You could grief bases, but only so far as it took to get in and loot it. Excessive vandalism of someone's base would be rolled back, and the offenders punished.
    • Good sportsmanship was strongly encouraged. You get vulgar, you spam chat with insults and name calling, you get Enemied by other factions. Nobody wanted to be allies with a toxic faction; that was a good way to risk getting lumped in if someone caught the toxic faction's members breaking the rules. ((but they had staff who actually did not like toxicity))
    • If staff received a valid recording of you breaking one of the conduct rules, it would be acted on. There were STRICT policies on how many Warnings you got before you got a ban from the server. Repeat infractions would eventually lead to a Permanent Ban.

See, people who have played exclusively on toxic servers, they may cry (without thinking) "that's terrible! where's the fun in that?!"

Here's the thing: You could still annihilate other Factions.

You could still climb to the top through sheer skill and intelligence. You could set your own rules of conduct (within reason), so you could either be an Alpha Faction, or a chill faction that grows and raids and builds at their own discretion.

You just couldn't be a toxic asshole. And for so many people, that was basic sense! You didn't need to explain to them what it meant, because they knew how to act.

The reason I struggled to "fit in" here, was because I had only been on clean Factions servers before. There were some "iffy" spots that definitely bordered on toxicity, and yeah I even hit a dozen or so places where the staff let players do whatever they liked.

But coming to BMC, where "good is bad" and "bad is good", where players get kudos from other members for being malicious towards other players, where there are more people flooding chat with obscenities, racial slurs and other terrible behavior - and BMC just considers that "vibing" - I wasn't prepared for that.

People who thrive in Anarchy Factions (which is what BMC is at this point) don't tend to be people who make a community better for their being in it.

6. SKRWildfire

Lol scamming is allowed in fac
    Eh idk can but then again you need to learn how to trust and who not.
    This a no for me griefing is griefing and factions is part of that. Most factions ive seen once they are griefed they move anyways.
    Barely seen this when i played it, tho if there was a faction that was annoying and couple got annoyed with it they will team up. But most factions servers sure there are rules but like their other gamemodes they are less strict. Sure some stuff gets warned/muted/banned right away but in general less strict.

First 3 things you pointed out isnt about being toxic its part of the game if that happens. If you cant handle that dont play it simple as that. Go play survival or towny

7. Pitbulls4eva

Pitbulls4eva Well-Known Member

did- did i read this right????? "you could greif someones base" dude thats like how you get into someones base... you have to blow it up until you get. the loot.....

8. Ash Glaze

Ash Glaze Well-Known Member

9. Pitbulls4eva

Pitbulls4eva Well-Known Member

Ash just ignore anything in this section