RE: BMC Will Always Be BMC

Discussion in 'General' started by XARXU, Apr 21, 2020.

1. XARXU

XARXU Active Member

Edit (05/07/2020):

Leadership is taking the piss. Failure to enforce their rules, promoting a culture of people being punished for trying to respect and obey the rules (and encourage others to do likewise), being lazy with reviewing staff applications, and posting important announcements in bright font against a bright background. And I'm sure, heaping more evidence on top of a growing mountain of proof, they're prepared to argue that they reviewed every app thoughtfully and carefully, that they are always keeping an eye on things in the community, blah blah blah, bs bs bs, etc.

It's careless, it's untidy, and the staff won't admit making a mistake, even if literally everyone in the community can click a link and view the evidence for themselves. You show them the evidence, they will argue in your face, then block you rather than admit they made a careless mistake. This same attitude was reflected in how they preapproved certain people for interviews, and denied everybody else.

Everyone can deny all they like, but I'm not here to win an argument. I am not here to tell people what they like to hear. I was here to try and enjoy the game, then - once I saw how bad things were - to try and help, and it was made very clear that nobody wanted anything to change.

In fact, they'll go to great lengths to keep everything the same.

I regret ever saying one word against the harassment, rule breaking, the homophobic and racial slurs, the toxic behavior in chat, and all the other things the staff clearly enjoy in a minecraft community. I regret ever applying for staff (the most disgusting waste of a well-constructed staff app in all my years on the internet), I regret ever going against the grain and trying to help improve the overall culture of BreakingMC, and most of all I regret trying to play the game in good faith, without ever once using cheats or exploits to push my faction ahead of the others. Because that's clearly not what BreakingMC is about, any of it.

I regret it, because I could have spent that money supporting a server with mindful staff, and I could have spent all that effort and energy in a community that wanted to be nontoxic, and doesn't subscribe to this demented notion that "hateful, malicious behavior is okay and normal for any Factions server".

(Original Message)

#1 XARXU, Apr 21, 2020
    Last edited: May 7, 2020
  2. Flare

Flare Active Member

3. hope

hope Member

tox·ic·i·ty
    /täkˈsisədē/

noun
    1. the quality of being toxic or poisonous.
      "the toxicity of a drug depends on its dosage"

pls stop calling us toxic bc we give back the same "vibes" u give us

4. XARXU

XARXU Active Member

upload_2020-4-21_15-32-47.png

Case and point: XARXU joins a server, is positive, suggests many fun events and activities for everyone, asks if anyone would like some free building.....and after repeated incidents of being harassed and pursued through different channels in the Discord, finally has enough and explains how damn awkward, rude and appealing they're coming across as....to which they respond by being even nastier. He asks them to stop, and they start trying to outdo themselves in their nastiness.

Anyways, stop making everything about you. There are rules here, and they're being treated like optional suggestions by people with no respect for the staff nor the rules. If staff enforced those rules, I would have joined a pleasant server with pleasant people in it, and the positive vibes I sent out would've been the vibes I got back.

I want to know whether staff intends to begin enforcing rules again, or if they're just going to keep letting rabid players run amok. I didn't want more BS posts where you go blaming the people you're rude to for your conscious choices and behavior.

5. hope

hope Member

u literally followed us for like 10 minutes to antagonize us but ok.

i know damn well everything isn't about me nor should it be.

coming from someone who has immense experience dealing with BMC players as a previous community and global manager, i wouldn't ever disrespect staff. you can find shit about me poking at other managers (which i have known longer than you have been around on the server), but that still doesn't change the fact it's a joke.

you still somehow find ways to get under people's skin and piss them off further to the extent to which they respond negatively (it's science; if you taunt a dog, it will attack), then you decide to play the victim and turn it on us. you're so problematic lmao.

6. XARXU

XARXU Active Member

When you and the Panda Crew harass newer players, even the kindest and sweetest people are going to finally have enough. You act like your crew was just vibing and chilling and out of the blue these horrible, monsterous demons tore out of the earth and began flying around, terrorizing you and your crew.

Nothing could be farther from the truth.

I've seen your crew laughing when you get some 13 year old to cry, or when you chase after someone who is saying they want to be left alone but you won't stop. I have seen you repeatedly trash-talking somebody, and when they say "please stop", you deliver your "LERN TO TAKE A JOKE BRO", and when they say "I don't like it, please stop", you and your crew laugh your heads off at them, mock and ridicule them. You go after people when they're offline, when they aren't even talking to you. If PQ or one of the other trolly members goes after someone, you're never far behind.

You can't be part of a group that is routinely toxic, then pretend you're the victims. That you can't tell the difference between right and wrong, between instigator and target, that you will sit here and argue with me like I didn't spend 15 minutes the other night showing you screenshots of you and the others going after people who were leaving you alone, is beyond me.

7. Pitbulls4evaa

Pitbulls4evaa Well-Known Member

if you havent noticed OPfactions is supposed to be super toxic as it is eacher server has its limits and OPfacions is supposed to be really toxic its a competative server also go read the rules maybe u can learn something

8. hope

hope Member

sorry but who r u talking ab bc ive never done that lol

9. XARXU

XARXU Active Member

@Pitbulls4eva
    Whomever told you OPFactions is "supposed to be toxic" was either an idiot or misinformed.

OPFactions: Faction -vs- Faction free-for-all, OP Weapons/Tools, creating (or joining) factions, and becoming the top faction above all of the others. The idea is to destroy the other Factions while proving that your Faction is the best.

Lurking around the forums and discord when you almost never play, chasing people in the Discord across the Skyblock/Survival/Prisons channels (when you don't even play on those servers), insulting people, calling people "retard" and "pedophile" and "prostitute" and "cunt", harassing other players over the discord, making inappropriate "jokes" even after asked to stop?

That's just being worthless arseholes. That behavior is not "OPFactions".

That is people breaking the rules, and when someone calls them on their BS, they go "OHHHH but I was JOOOOOKKKIIIIIINNNNGGGG, so I shouldn't get in trouble!", even though everyone there knows that the "jokes" were just sadistic behavior that didn't stop because the people doing it actually want to hurt and trigger other players on a very personal level.

If y'all were decent people, you wouldn't need Kenny, Nora nor anybody else to step in and stop you for you to stop when you have crossed a line; you would stop yourself when the person who your gang decided to target and harass said "I don't want this, please leave me alone" and "stop" and "No, I don't want this".

Also, when you read "I would prefer if only Staff reply to this", and you spam the thread anyways? That's not "OPFactions is supposed to be toxic"; again, that's 5 people going well out of their way to be disgusting.

10. Pitbulls4evaa

• Swearing:
    Swearing in public chat is allowed as long as it is not excessive or consistently directed at players.

this is in rules

also
    "Also, when you read "I would prefer if only Staff reply to this", and you spam the thread anyways? That's not "OPFactions is supposed to be toxic"; again, that's 5 people going well out of their way to be disgusting."
    forums is so people can leave feedback
    on this stuff and for people to be included in server affecting changes or hihgering of staff

11. XARXU

XARXU Active Member

People aren't leaving valid feedback in most of those posts in staff apps. It was a torrent of shitposting, trolling and jokey staff applications.

• "You probably should write a bit more about why you want to be staff"
    • "Decent app, but I never see you online. Try to be more present in the community."
    • "I have seen you around. You seem like a decent candidate, just work on <area of weakness> and you should be good!"
    Shitposting:
    • "GIT REKT NUB"
    • "lol you're stupid"
    • "dis is jokey app i dun take anyth1ng srsly"
    • "-1" / "+1"
    • "ur a heccin pedo bruh"
    • "FAKE NEWS, FAKE NEWS"

I get that there are a lot of young kids who are a decade or more away from ever considering applying for a job, or learning how to interact with others appropriately. That's fine, since this is Minecraft, not a job interview at Microsoft.

But no matter what age you are, whether you're 5, 50 or 100, there's a time to crack jokes, and there's a time to be serious. Not knowing the difference just results in people making a nuisance of themselves. It's worse if they can't even see their own behavior for what it is, they're in 24/7 clown mode, and you can't have an intelligent conversation with them no matter what.

12. SKRWildfire

SKRWildfire That one skyblock no-lifer

Again more proof you dont know anything about this community dumbass.

"-1" / "+1" is part of this community its most of the time not a joke. Sure some are a joke and most can do with some feedback on the reason. but this rating just mean the player would like or not like to see you as staff.

And just small info for you -1 means they dont want you as staff

13. Pitbulls4evaa

oof

14. XARXU

XARXU Active Member

Here, folks, is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. This is, I kid you not, how I was "introduced" to the community. This, and having the word "RETARD" spammed for endless rows in chat, to the point where literally nobody could use chat because the chat just kept whizzing by with that word spamming down it.

SKYWildfire is an example of the kinds of people who "downvote" good apps, and "upvote" the apps of people who only contribute negativity to the community. They don't help new players, they mock and ridicule every question, every conversation topic, every word posted by new players. Newbies are abused in order to make longer-standing players feel better about themselves, then the older players behave like literal idiots when the subject of persistent toxicity comes up in a discussion thread. They can't even pretend to be healthy.

You have to have standards before you can say whether someone would make good staff or not. Upvoting notorious repeat rulebreakers kind of wrecks your credibility.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    I have tried to encourage the nontoxic members of the community to be more vocal, but they simply don't trust the community, nor its staff, enough to feel safe doing so. Some of them have been with BMC for several seasons, and none of them want to touch the Discord/Forums with a 100 foot pole. Can you blame them, when this is what anyone has to look forward to? Being trolled by people who are only here to instigate and antagonize?

The server has great plugins and features. It can bring in more intelligent players with more attractive personalities. The only thing lacking is a stronger staff presence, to step in when people like PandaQueue, SKRWildfire and others start acting in ways that would have had them permanently banned from virtually any other OPFactions community.

They don't listen when you explain it to them, they just get nasty and blame you for their vulgar behavior. They honestly believe that can do whatever they want, to whomever they want, and it's perfectly okay because they felt like it.

If I were staff, I'd have to look at myself and ask: why did I encourage them to believe this is how BMC works? That this is how anything in the world works?

The only cure for that, is a couple of formal Warnings, then a permanent ban for these dullards when they prove too slow to comprehend the community rules.

15. Pitbulls4evaa

SKR is ex staff I would listen if I were you...

16. SKRWildfire

Like pit said im ex staff but this is how its been done here. Im just trolling around (90% of the time) because i dont care anymore further about how bmc is going to be. Because i just lost faith and trust in kenny and bmc thats why i quit. I can handle and do only so much with a broken rank.
    Do you think its fun to work in a broken server getting bitched at/shit on daily of all complaints that i CANT do anything about. Trying to keep giving kenny time and time and time and lie to the community to give more time for kenny to fix the server.
    Setting things up trying to give some hope and keep it together but doesntbwork.

17. SKRWildfire

And btw if you think they would care more about the server or something wouldnt they hire more staff? And dont say there no real good apps besides yours muse because thats bullshit. Or they dont have time. There are freaking 4 managers

18. Pitbulls4evaa

well i mean my review is pending an Nora asked me for DM

19. SKRWildfire

Yeah poor timing XD Linked said it to me that nora was looking through it today XD Tho still they never should have let it happen to come to this point.

20. Pitbulls4evaa

u sayin they wouldnt have picked me anyway? xD. damn i got roasted.