Player Market Suggestion

Discussion in 'Skyblock' started by FreyaSaskia, May 10, 2019.

?

Should we have a Player's Market?

1. Yes (what shop would you own?)

100.0%
  2. No (why? i would love to know, really)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. FreyaSaskia

FreyaSaskia New Member

I don't know if this is the right place to talk about this but I couldn't find any other fitting place. I would love to see a "Player's Market" integrated into Skyblock. Why? :

1. Player to Player interaction. Yes, it is true, we do have a chat and we are not restricted from teleporting to one another if we want to. However, by creating a seller-customer relationship you can enhance that interaction experience. If we cut down chat, we are kind of isolated with our islands to be honest.
    2. The whole experience of owning a shop. For example: You, the player, have a ton of resources that maybe you do not really need and it so happens that you have some money too; what can you do? of course there is always /shop or /ah but something is lacking. Like online shopping it's really convenient but with "real-life" shopping you get to do more then just selling: you can rent a booth for some time, you have maybe to negotiate the price , and when to shop grows that's when maybe jobs come to play.
    3. Jobs. Some of us have been living on skyblock in a constant routine (Expanding, farming) and feel the need of a purpose to come back to it. Jobs create even more interaction and also a chance for the newcomers to get some money in the beginning and also do something that would make them come back. And so, from a simple shop owner you can go to a person that has other players working for them and so on and so forth.

If I stretch my idea long enough in the future of this player market I can see islands that would be dedicated to "factories" and providers. I can see maybe contests held in the market and giveaways. I can see this growing a lot and making this skyblock experience a different and special one. People can become server famous for their achievements (growing a shop to be the most well known and trusted shop) and so the newcomers can have something maybe to strive for other than a high level island (I am aware that that is the whole point of skyblock, but let's make our point have more points).

Thank you so much for reading this whole thing and I hope that other people can see this as a fun idea too. I would love for a Player's Market to happen.

I would love to know your opinion on this :D

Have a great day!

-FreyaSaskia

#1 FreyaSaskia, May 10, 2019
    Last edited: May 11, 2019
  2. aliens6

aliens6 Member

I do honestly agree with this. I love the foundation of skyblock its just that if you dont have a bud in discord or something, a big island gets lonely man. So why not make it into a shop of some sort and have atleast a little interaction

3. FreyaSaskia

FreyaSaskia New Member

Exactly! Thank you xD