An Abridged Intro

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by XARXU, Apr 15, 2020.

1. XARXU

XARXU Active Member

Hello, I am Muse. My in-game name is XARXU.

A little introduction, just because it seems like the coolest people have made a legit effort to actually introduce themselves to the community, and get to know other people here on a friendly level.

I am (was) the owner of the long-dead "XARXU Inc." server. Using basic plugins like Essentials, WorldEdit, CoreProtect, GriefPrevention, MCMMO (etc.), we had an innovative approach to the 'Factions' vibe: we basically isolated a huge square on the map where players could claim small homes for themselves, and then we had Faction Bases for players who each could contribute so much in-game currency for one, where they could collaborate and work together (but not grief their own base, etc). Containers were free game (anyone could steal if they found your stuff), there were no Player Vaults, but griefing *actual structures* was strongly discouraged. We wanted people to build nice bases (or buy a premade base), not make those big, oogly obsidian-water-lava eyesores all over the map.

Well, they were fun times, but I soon found that I had a tough time trying to hire staff. I only stuck with it as long as I did because I have younger relatives who play Minecraft, and I wanted them to have a place to play where they weren't being catfished by creepy adults or being abused by other people's toxic kids on the internet. So I had the game up as a Whitelisted server for two years before I finally hit my limit and I announced the closure of the community.

Since then, I have been looking for different communities that might be healthy and safe enough for me to invite them to come join me on, since we can't do LAN Minecraft since I moved away from where most of my family lives in the midwest USA. We have found some neat places over the years, but I'm still trying to find that perfect combination of 'High Difficulty' and 'Healthy Community'.

And that's what brought me to BreakingMC.

HOBBIES

Cooking, Reading, Listening To Music, Playing Guitar/Piano/(etc.) and/or mixing music and/or sound clips, social sports (socially-themed sports leagues in my area like Flag Football, Dodgeball, Kickball, Bocce, etc.), and just chilling with the family.

WHERE I WANT TO BE WHEN I GROW UP

I want to find that perfect balance of 'peaceful, relaxing lifestyle' and 'staying productive'. I want to feel like I'm staying busy, but not so busy that I can't stop and just enjoy the feel of the wind on my face, go someplace to enjoy the sound of natural running water, I just want to stay in touch with the joyous vibes that life in the 'Concrete Jungle' has helped us to forget.

ALL ABOUT ME

Ethnicity: Mulatto

How long have you been playing Minecraft for?: Since 2015 or so. One of my cousins said there was "a minecraft server that played like World of Warcraft", which finally got me to buy and download the game. The rest is history.

You single or taken?: Taken

ARE YOU GOOD IN ACADEMICS?: I was a "High Test Scores, Mediocre Grades" guy all through High School. Afterwards, when college required that I actually keep perfect attendance and work on being sociable and getting along with people who might potentially become my study group, I became much more of a devoted student. I manage about a 3.75 (give or take) average now.

ARE YOU GOOD IN ATHLETICS?: Depends on the sport.

◘ Baseball: Good

◘ Flag Football: Average
    ◘ Soccer: Below-Average
    ◘ Hockey: Terrible
    ◘ Basketball: Average
    ◘ Dodgeball: Above-Average
    ◘ Lacrosse: Terrible
    ◘ Badminton: Average
    ◘ Golf: ????

GOALS FOR BREAKINGMC

To find out if this community can be chill, and if its members (when some of the more conscious members come back) can promote a healthy, friendly and collaborative vibe. See if there's something I can do to help towards those ends.

In short: to have fun, for others to have fun, to enjoy our time together for however long it lasts.

2. Pandeq

Pandeq Well-Known Member

Bla bla bla lOl noob

3. Pitbulls4evaa

Pitbulls4evaa Well-Known Member

WHERE I WANT TO BE WHEN I GROW UP

I want to find that perfect balance of 'peaceful, relaxing lifestyle' and 'staying productive'. I want to feel like I'm staying busy, but not so busy that I can't stop and just enjoy the feel of the wind on my face, go someplace to enjoy the sound of natural running water, I just want to stay in touch with the joyous vibes that life in the 'Concrete Jungle' has helped us to forget.

your like 33

4. Pandeq

Pandeq Well-Known Member

5. Ash Glaze

Ash Glaze Well-Known Member

Hi, nice to meet you :)